Orthophotography Project Samples
High Resolution Orthophotography from Aircraft
Aeroquest Mapcon was contracted to provide 5 cm pixel resolution colour orthophotography and high density LiDAR (20 points per square metre) for area covering 147 square km.
- Captured early spring for leaf-off conditions
- Horizontal accuracy of 12.5 cm RMSE (x,y)
- LiDAR vertical accuracy of 10 cm RMSE in non-vegetated areas
- 4-band (R,G,B,NiR) orthophotography
- 43 ground control points and 30 check points were acquired to maintain and check data accuracy.
Large area orthophotography from Aircraft
Aeroquest Mapcon was contracted over a 5 year period to provide orthophotography from an aircraft platform for 591,670 square km with 62.5 cm pixel resolution imagery.
- The remote nature of the project and lack of existing ground control required a reliance on Airborne GPS and IMU for model generation.
- DEM was collected photogrammetrically in the form of mass points and breaklines to support the production of orthophotography.
- Both colour and near infrared imagery was delivered.
High Resolution Orthophotography from UAV
Aeroquest Mapcon was contracted to provide high resolution UAV orthophotography for a shoreline area for erosion monitoring.
- 2 cm pixel resolution orthophotography
- Delivery of 3D point cloud data/digital surface model, generated by image correlation
Very High Resolution Orthophotography from UAV
Aeroquest Mapcon was contracted to provide high resolution orthophotography and point cloud for a houseboat foundation.
- 0.5cm pixel resolution orthophotography
- Delivery of 3D point cloud data/digital surface model, generated by image correlation.
Natural Colour Orthophotography from Satellite
Aeroquest Mapcon was contracted to provide orthorectified satellite imagery for approximately 265 square km in eastern Canada
- 50 cm pixel, 3-band (RGB) image
- Pleiades satellite
Natural Colour, Near Infrared, NDVI orthophotography
Aeroquest Mapcon was contracted to provide 4-band orthophotography for a tree canopy survey covering a 423 square km area. Image showing natural colour, near infra red, and normalized difference vegetation index (NDVI).
- 15 cm natural colour and near infra red
- New tree canopy collection in 3D softcopy environment
- Classification of 25,579 predetermined sample points of tree status (live, dead, none)